Monday, June 22, 2009

Every Cloud Has a Silver Lining

Well, I heard some sad news today...Three Little Fishes, a speciality children's clothing store located about 2 miles from my house, and the only one around, is going out of business. The silver lining? Everything was half off! So, I did some shopping. I think after today I will need to remove my debit card from my wallet. Until next pay-day, that is. I hope nobody but Bryton gets hungry this week.

Anyway, I got the kids some clothes - some really cute stuff! Their inventory was pretty low, so we didn't have a whole lot to choose from, but I had some good finds for Vivi and Bryton as well as some baby gifts, too.

So, here's some of what I got Vivi and Bryton.







A pacifier clip for Bryton, and a ponytail holder for Vivi.




















Two adorable dresses for Vivi (in size 4t - to last!) and a white sweater with little pearl buttons for winter.






Two little Feltman Bros. bubble suits (he has another one or two in his closet).

I think I got great deals on these! Maybe I should buy more at these great prices and sell them on ebay...hm...




Anyway, it was a lot of fun. Plus, I got B-man some more footed pjs...I love the zip ones, but they are hard to find. So, I just got some with snaps. He is getting SO long, and growing out of his clothes way way too fast.
Well, it didn't seem like a big deal until I got home and was putting the clothes away in Bryton's armoire. I only keep in his armoire what he can currently fit in. Things that are too big or too small go in the closet. So, here are some pictures of what all is in his armoire. Looking at it all, he might not need anything else in the 3 month size (what I got today was 6 or 9 month). Note - if you have gotten Bryton something to wear and you don't see it in the following pictures, it means that it's either too big or too small right now or is in his laundry basket or diaper bag, or he's wearing it. It doesn't mean that I don't like it. Note - these are in addition to pjs, onesies, and lounge pants. I don't know about you, but it sure seems like an awful lot for a little boy who grows out of things every couple of months.
















I don't mind having that many things for Vivi - (she's got a lot more than he does) because she can wear things for a year or two. She had on an outfit yesterday that was over a year old.


Anyway, I guess I will stop buying things for Bryton for a while. Now that we live somewhere with more definite seasons, it's tough to determine what size he will be in during which temperature range.


Other news? Well, Bryton is getting a tooth! I can't believe it! Vivi was about 8 or 9 months when she got her first tooth...and Bryton was 3 months and one week when I (a friend, actually) noticed it. Plus, remember that he was born a month early. Had he been full term, he'd be 2 months and one week with a tooth peeking in. Sheesh! I'm a little bit in disbelief that time is just flying by with him. Nobody teach him how to bite...please.


Well, we had a great Father's Day, even though Kyle and I were not with either of our dads. We had some friends come over for lunch and had a great day. Vivi was so excited to have all of her friends over! There were 8 adults and 8 and half kids (ages 5, 4, 2, 2, 18 mo, 9 mo, 9 mo, and 3 mo...and -5 weeks)....and a dog. We really had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed all of our company! We'll do it again soon!


Want some comedy before I wrap up this post? (Don't read this part, Mom). The other day, Vivi was sitting on the potty, crying. I went running in to see what was wrong. She looked at me with sad, sad eyes and said "There's a crack in my hiney."


Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Ahahahahaha! I think I would have lost it right there in front of her cute little teary face. And how did you explain that it's OK for the crack in her hiney to be there?

    ReplyDelete