Saturday, June 27, 2009

Good Weekend

We went to Greenville, NC this weekend. It's a college town, home of Eastern Carolina University and is a pretty good sized town - bigger than New Bern. (Side note: this is where I was having to go to the doctor during my pregnancy..it takes an hour or hour and half to get there from our place).

Anyway, we went to Greenville yesterday so that Kyle could get measured for his tux for my brother's wedding (in Detroit August 1) at Men's Warehouse (thankfully there is a Men's Warehouse in Greenville...the next closest is in Raleigh). It was really nice to get out of New Bern for the day. When we first got there, we went to Chili's. I know, I know - not too exciting..but it's kid friendly and we like the food. We got some chips and salsa as a appetizer (Vivi was very careful not to get salsa on her shirt...she and Bryton were wearing their matching outfits), Vivi had a cheese quesadilla and mandarin oranges, Kyle had a grilled chicken sandwich, and I had a side salad and some chicken enchilada soup. Bryton snoozed in his car seat while we ate. After that, Kyle took Vivi into Men's Warehouse to get measured, and B-man and I stayed in the car ( so I could feed him). All of a sudden, a huge storm came though - big gushes of wind and big rain drops. And hail. Bryton was just eating away and I'm sitting there wondering if he and I should make a run for it and head inside the store...or stay put. Putting those thoughts aside, I pulled out my diaper-bag camera and took some pictures of the hail. We didn't see any as big as golf balls, but some good size ones none the less. The storm passed about 20 minutes later. Bryton and I enjoyed watching people run through the parking lot holding their jackets and umbrellas over their heads, trying to avoid getting any moisture during this huge storm. Haha.

After the storm passed, Kyle and Vivi came out of Men's Warehouse and Vivi told me all about the storm with its scary thunder and lightening. Then, she and I went to a nail salon to get a mani-pedi. Kyle took Bryton to Best Buy during this. When we walked into the salon, we got a look...I don't think they had ever seen a 2 year old in their establishment before. Anyway, nobody there spoke great English, so I couldn't convey to them that I wanted them to soak Vivi's feet, file her toenails, and paint them. A mini-pedi if you will. Well, she sat in my lap while I got my toes done. It was nice. There was a lady in the chair next to us, and Vivi looked at her feet and said, "Mama..that lady has dirt on her feet." The lady had to have heard, but didn't chuckle or look annoyed...but I laughed. I thought it was cute. After the pedi, we went to the manicure chair...where we were able to successfully communicate that Vivi would get a mini-manicure. She chose pink nail polish (of course) and you could just tell that she felt like such a big girl.

After our nails were done, we met Kyle and Bryton at Best Buy. When Vivi saw Kyle, she ran up to him proudly showing off her nails. He told her how pretty they were. We walked around Best Buy, not looking for anything in particular, just enjoying being in a town with a Best Buy. I pushed Bryton around for a while and then saw Vivi and Kyle playing one of the video gaming systems they have set up for patrons to try. They were playing Rock Band - a Wii or Playstation game... So there is my husband, playing bass guitar, and my little princess with her freshly painted pink fingernails holding two drumsticks playing the drum set for a Metallica (a very hard hard rock 'musical' group..i.e. Kyle used to listen to their 'songs' while he was working out) song. I wish I had a picture (my diaper bag camera was in the car).

Leaving Best Buy, we went to the mall (yes - an actual indoor mall!) where we looked at all the shops! I found shoes for Vivi and me for Uncle Evan's wedding. Check in the box! After leaving the mall, we stopped at McAlister's Deli for some dinner and then hit the road, headed home.

After we got home, we put Vivi and Bryton to bed. Then, we watched the movie, Fireproof. I highly recommend it. It was a great 'feel good' movie. http://fireproofmymarriage.com/. The movie deals with a couple who are navigating their hum-drum marriage and the difference that's made after they try to apply Jesus' love in their marriage. Anyway, watch it if you get the chance. It will make you want to be a better spouse.

Well, other little bits of comedy this week...hm...we have a Wii (a video gaming system that uses motion interactive controls...). One of the games we have is the Wii Fit game. You can play balance games, semi-aerobic games, strength training games, etc. Well, of the games included is a Yoga game. You stand on the supplied balance board and do the yoga poses while the balance board measures your balance/stationary ability. Well, the other day, I was doing some yoga poses and Vivi says, "Mama..I do yoga too." there she is stading beside me with her right foot up on her left thigh and her hands together above her head. Too funny. She said that she likes yoga. We'll do some again tonight.

Have a great week!. Be sure to check out corresponding pictures on our picture site - link is above on the right.

1 comment:

  1. I love how you took Vivi to get her nails done at 2 years of age!! I'll have to do that with Lily someday. I love the Wii Fit!! My sister let me borrow hers while I was staying with my parents for 2 months in VA. I lost the last 5 pounds of my baby weight with the running, hula and step aerobics. Mike comes home in less than a week, we're so excited. Miss you guys and I enjoy reading your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete